Testimonials of our Impact
GAIN has worked with CMS since 2015 (until mid-2018) on our flagship programme, "Seeds of Prosperity" in India. CMS was part of the pilot and then scale-up of the programme as our research partner in two locations in India.The team brought deep insights from their assessments and evaluations for the global program which helped to strengthen our programme and improve the impact on our target population- the tea working community in India. The program received funding to be scaled up significantly. GAIN appreciated CMS very much for their dedication and excellent quality of work.
- Dr. Bärbel Weiligmann
Senior Advisor - Better nutrition. For farmers and workers
Arghyam partnered with Catalyst Management Services (CMS), who measured and evaluated the outcomes of the project. The survey has been designed quite elegantly; it’s a neat, tight set of questions focusing on usage. I was impressed with the way in which the FIs, young girls, were able to strike a rapport almost immediately with the respondents. At times when people didn’t understand the question, they were good at explaining the question to the respondent without leading them towards the answer. It’s a difficult yet important job really, going from house to house in the hot sun, asking the same questions over and over again, but they did it cheerfully and enthusiastically.
- Radhika Viswanathan
We wanted to write to thank you for being such wonderful hosts during our short stay in Delhi, but more importantly for putting on such an excellent event today. The attendance alone was an incredible feat, and the active and passionate engagement of literally dozens of individuals learning about CEI for the first time was inspiring. Suparna and Vijay found the perfect balance of guiding conversation while leaving most of the talking for our participants to do -- this is a fantastic precedent to set as we build demand-driven networks.
- Molly Jamieson Eberhardt
It was a great learning experience for me where I learnt in a Good work environment. The organization made sure we were comfortable and well cared for in terms of our stay, which made working easier. The flexibility of working from home is a great concept which the organization is having. The best part of our internship was our Reporting Officer who helped me understand the work, plan it properly and we worked well as sounding boards to bounce of ideas which gave us a lot of clarity when it came to the processes and analyses part of the project.
- Isha Dash
The multi-staged recruitment process was extensive in the sense that it gave CMS a good understanding of how I could contribute to their endeavors and fit in the organizational structure. As a potential employee, it also gave me a good overview of how methodical CMS is in going about its job and the rigor I would be expected off at work. The three interviews that I had seemed to focus on particular aspects of me as an individual and a professional which in effect allowed me to look back at myself and reflect on my strengths and weaknesses.
- Lucien Chan
Our Behavioural Sciences services combine the catalysts group’s knowledge and expertise with behavioral science research to help clients build scientifically-informed programmes, with a commitment to influencing and sustaining lasting behavior change.
Catalyst Behavioral Sciences services specialise in:
- Empirical-evidence-based strategies that initiate adoption of new/positive behaviour
- Technical support — guided by deep analysis and involving research, insights and trends — to ground-level implementation
- Innovative tools and skills to help communities transform themselves and their lives
With a view to minimise the learning curve for clients, Catalyst Behavioral Sciences services utilises behavior change communication strategies to improve working relationships and enhance efficiency. To capture, understand and accurately predict the behaviours of specific audience segments, it offers an array of products that make use of survey data, formative research, and evidence from behaviour science.
Some of the key services include:
- Assessments- Community immersion workshops, Audience segmentation & insights, Understanding of ecosystem
- Package design and implementation support – for gateway behaviour change, tools, processes and capacity building
Some of the tools we use:
- Predictive Behaviour Tools, like survival analysis
- Game-based data collection tool
- Audience insights and segmentation tool
- Behaviour insights survey
Some key examples of our work in this area:
- Social Norms hub – In partnership with UNICEF, CMS runs/manages the Social Norms hub as the secretariat, which promotes Social and Behavioral Change Communication and social norms work through six key Indian Universities
- Changing behaviours and saving lives & money – Avahan Programme: applied behavioural sciences in 130,000 cohort, achieving extraordinary results.
- How financial goal setting affects health behaviour (and risk perception) – a study in partnership with Houston University, USA
- Nutrition: Comprehensive programmatic assessment of intervention to improve dietary diversity-studies across states and value chains to assess, enhance and improve the programme’s impact in partnership with Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)