Testimonials of our Impact
Arghyam is partnering with an external agency, Catalyst Management Services (CMS), who will measure and evaluate the outcomes of the project. The survey has been designed quite elegantly; it’s a neat, tight set of questions focusing on usage. I was impressed with the way in which the FIs, young girls, were able to strike a rapport almost immediately with the respondents. At times when people didn’t understand the question, they were good at explaining the question to the respondent without leading them towards the answer. It’s a difficult yet important job really, going from house to house in the hot sun, asking the same questions over and over again, but they did it cheerfully and enthusiastically
- Radhika Viswanathan
We wanted to write to thank you for being such wonderful hosts during our short stay in Delhi, but more importantly for putting on such an excellent event today. The attendance alone was an incredible feat, and the active and passionate engagement of literally dozens of individuals learning about CEI for the first time was inspiring. Suparna and Vijay found the perfect balance of guiding conversation while leaving most of the talking for our participants to do -- this is a fantastic precedent to set as we build demand-driven networks.
- Molly Jamieson Eberhardt
It was a great learning experience for me where I learnt in a Good work environment. The organization made sure we were comfortable and well cared for in terms of our stay, which made working easier. The flexibility of working from home is a great concept which the organization is having. The best part of our internship was our Reporting Officer who helped me understand the work, plan it properly and we worked well as sounding boards to bounce of ideas which gave us a lot of clarity when it came to the processes and analyses part of the project.
- Isha Dash
The multi-staged recruitment process was extensive in the sense that it gave CMS a good understanding of how I could contribute to their endeavors and fit in the organizational structure. As a potential employee, it also gave me a good overview of how methodical CMS is in going about its job and the rigor I would be expected off at work. The three interviews that I had seemed to focus on particular aspects of me as an individual and a professional which in effect allowed me to look back at myself and reflect on my strengths and weaknesses.
- Lucien Chan
The organisations that constitute this sector also grapple with the unique problem of lack of systems, particularly financial. Scaling of these organisations (often called Impact Organisations), therefore, has been a significant problem. However, the commitment of these organisations to social change, and the impact they make on the poor and vulnerable is reason enough to increasingly recognise their critical role and importance.
CMS offers specially crafted financial services, in partnership with leading CA firms:
- Statutory compliance assurance – through audits, training and continued technical support (240 items in a year)*
- Comprehensive Financial Assurance (for Board and management)*
- Tech based auto accounting solution*
- Financial DSS including Dashboards and predictive analysis*
- Part and full time CFO
- Investment and corpus management*
- Mergers and acquisition
- Financial system – Establishment, Review, Change, Benchmark
- Investigative and forensic audits
- Contracts – Drafting, vetting
- Deal structuring for social enterprises
- CSR compliances and filings
* Ready made products that can be deployed with customisation
Some key examples of our work in this area:
- Financial review of the East and Western India Rainfed Farming Programmes for four years ( with a budget of 300 million pounds)
- Corpus strategy for Gramin Vikas Trust (GVT)
- Deputation (and management) of CFOs – to Swati Mahila Sangha, Swati Jyothi (community bank)